Our experienced consultants provide expert, independent advice in the proper selection, use and maintenance of suitable and adequate respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
The single most important piece of equipment when working with asbestos or any other atmospheric contaminate is your respirator.
Not every respirator works the same way or provides the same level of protection against different types of contaminates, so it is important to select the right respirator to ensure you have the properly protected from respiratory hazards.
Our respiratory protection services include:
- Personal and Workplace Environmental Risk Assessments
- Practical Respirator Training for Selection, Use & Maintenance of RPE
- Respirator Fit Testing (Quantitative, PortaCount)
- Respirator Clinics, Equipment Inspections, Maintenance & Repairs
- Compliance Management & Respiratory Protection Programs
- Annual Review and Employer Reports
- Training courses can be tailored to meet the specific requirements of your workplace.
Our respirator training courses are delivered face to face by an industry expert and are designed to assist workers and employees in understanding the operation and maintenance of their respiratory protection equipment.
Respirator Fit Testing
In line with Australian Standards, Interlux Technologies recommends that persons wearing close fitting respirators should undergo Fit Testing of their respirator to ensure there is an adequate seal between the facepiece of the respirator and the face of the wearer.
Fit testing should be performed at appropriate intervals including:
- Before the respirator is used
- At least annually or whenever there is a change in the wearers facial characteristics e.g. loss of teeth or excessive change in weight or biological testing indicates excessive exposure to a contaminant
- If you change the make model or size of the respirator
- At any time you feel the respirator is not fitting you correctly any more.
On successful completion of the fit testing we supply a computer printed fit test report for you and your employees records.
We also supply individual personalised plastic ID test cards showing your fit test results and date of next test.
We can fit test most major makes and models of respiratory protection equipment. As independent consultants, we can also supply most major models of respiratory protective equipment including:
- Half and Full Face Air-Purifying Respirator (APR)
- Half and Full Face Powered Air-Purifying Respirator (PAPR)
- Supplied Air Respirator (SAR)
- Ambient Air Pumps
- Replacement Filters for Particulates, Gases, and Combination Filters
With our consultancy, training and equipment sales we are able to provide expert, independent advice as to the best equipment for your needs.